Jet Engineering was formed in 2006 by two workmates with an impressive track record of 35 years combined experience in the mining industry and a shared passion for problem solving. In the years they worked together, Shayne Ritchings and Tony Hutchinson realised they had a winning combination with complementary design, project management and manufacturing skills along with inside knowledge of the practicalities of design and manufacturing for mine sites.
Tony and Shayne identified a gap in the market for a small, quality focused, engineering fabrication shop that handled projects from concept through to design, manufacture and installation.
Some of their earliest conversations about Jet Engineering laid down the founding principles for the business:
- Bring together a team of great people who enjoy working together, and then keep the team together
- Create an environment where productivity and enjoyment are equally valued; a place where people can work hard, enjoy their work, and earn a stable income to support their family and their lifestyle.
- Keep the politics out; deal with issues as they arise, and then get on with the job.
Jet strives to be a business that customers want to deal with: professional, friendly, innovative, and reliable.
Shayne and Tony have long term aspirations for Jet Engineering. Their vision is to continue building a successful business that is trusted, respected and valued by its customers. This allows Jet to provide stable, fulfilling jobs for its team members, which in turn allows them to provide for their families.
Jet Engineering also seeks to be a valued corporate citizen. We sow back into our community, and into the communities of our customers, through a range of initiatives including:
- Apprentice training
- Support for the Mackay Engineering College
- Sponsorship of sporting teams and community events
- Donations to charitable organisations
- Corporate participation in charity fundraising events such as the 2013 “Midi-Smiddy” Bike Challenge
Find out more about the culture of Jet Engineering.